Tuesday, January 7, 2014

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 1 - Interior Cabin

I just came back from a 7 days cruise to Mexican Riviera on Norwegian Star. It was a round trip cruise from the port of Los Angeles. My friend and I booked the least expensive cabin for our New Year's trip. We didn't mind the interior cabin as we probably wouldn't spend so much time inside the room anyways.

Each of use paid approximately $880 for the ticket which include the port taxes. You can always find a much lower rate than this if you go off season. It was this expensive because it was during the New Year holiday. The gratuities were added to our on board account at the end of the cruise. It was $12 per person per day.

Norwegian Star Deck 5 Corridor
Norwegian Star Interior Cabin

Our cabin (#5025) was on Deck 5 forward, near to the stairs and elevators. The entrance to the Stardust Theater was one floor above us. This cabin can accommodate up to 3 passengers. There is a bunk bed that can be pulled down if needed. I am petite, only 5 feet tall, the cabin has enough room for me and my friend to move around comfortably. My bed is the one underneath the framed picture.

Norwegian Star Interior Cabin

There is a mini refrigerator, but we didn't use it. It was filled with beverages. They are not free. You can refer to the list on it for the prices. There is also a flat screen TV. It about 10-15(?) of channels to watch from. I did watch a few movies in my cabin during the Sea Day.

We shared the wardrobe. It has plenty of storing area on the shelves inside. And underneath the mini bar, there are 3 pull out drawers and above it there were more shelves for storage. There is a dressing table with mirror and a hair dryer next to the mini bar.

Norwegian Star Interior Cabin

The bathroom is small but clean. The shower has a temperature control in Celsius degree. The cabin provide hair and body shampoo but no hair conditioner. If you do use hair conditioner, remember to bring your own. The toilet has a flush button behind it and to access to the button, you have to close the lid first.

Norwegian Star Interior Cabin

Although this cabin is by itself, no sharing walls with other cabins (refer to the 2nd picture from the top) I would not recommend this cabin. Why? Well, during our stay, we had some bad experience with noises coming from nearby including people running up and down the stairs, carts rolling, but mostly footsteps from all around us.

After this trip, I do not think I will pay for expensive upgrade to an outside or balcony cabin. An interior cabin is sufficient enough for my need. I prefer the interior cabin more because I can sleep longer without the morning sunlight hitting into the cabin.


Please follow my blog if you want to read more about our 7 days New Year cruise on Norwegian Star. This is just the first part of my story.

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 1 – Interior Cabin

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 2 – Food

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 3 – The Ship

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 4 – The Buffet

7-Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Norwegian Star: Part 5 – The Grand Atrium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beginners Fitness Hike at James Dilley Greenbelt Preserve

This morning, a friend and I joined the 'Beginners Fitness Hike' program at James Dilley Greenbelt Preserve in Laguna Coast Wildern...